As Opening Day approaches, It’s Pronounced Lajaway is looking to add a couple of new bloggers to its ranks. The new blogger(s) would ideally write 1 to 2 posts per week (or possibly more if interested).
If you like talking about the Tribe and enjoy writing, this may be the spot for you!
1. Knowledgeable about the Indians.
2. Ability to write clearly and accurately.
3. Willingness to take constructive criticism from Stephanie and Susan, if necessary.
What we need from you:
1. A bit of personal information. We don’t need a life story, but we’d also like to know a little bit about you!
2. Why do you want to blog about the Tribe?
3. A sample blog post. This may sound vague, but that’s kind of the point. Every day, we try to think of unique ideas or unique approaches to topics. (some days, more successfully than others!) We’d like bloggers that can think of creative ideas and add their own unique touch to the blog. The sky is the limit with this – current topic, historical topic, sabermetrics…it’s your call. It can be any length you want, but keep in mind that most blog posts are less than 1,000 to 1,200 words.
Unfortunately this is not a paying gig…blogging is (unfortunately) a labor of love for both of us. However, there could be some free Indians tickets in it for you and there’s also the possibility of your work being featured on the SweetSpot. Plus you’d be able to say that you wrote for an ESPN.com affiliate blog, which may be helpful to you if you’re looking to break into a career in baseball writing.
If this seems interesting to you, please e-mail the sample post, personal info and answer to “why you want to blog about the Tribe” to email@example.com – Subject line: Blogger Application. The deadline for submissions is noon EST on Sunday, March 11. We’ll review submissions from interested parties and will be in touch with finalists.